Restaurant professionals and food producers are aware that in order to increase profits you need to utilise the food as best you can. We recommend vacuum storing in our Gastro vacuum containers, which extend the food’s shelf life by four times; this gives you more time to use up your ingredients.
Gastro vacuum containers are an upgrade of our classic Status vacuum containers
Status Gastro containers were developed for demanding consumers in the food industry, who need large-sized storing containers made of resilient materials. They are suitable for daily storage of all types of sliced and whole food items as well as leftovers.
Vacuum storing keeps foodstuffs fresh four times longer and preserves the food’s aroma and nutritional value. At the same time, vacuum storing also prevents food from getting contaminated and aromas from spreading in your refrigerator. Vacuum packed foodstuffs can be kept in the cold storage room for up to several weeks – depending on the foodstuff.
Professional 2-litre vacuum container
Our smallest, 2-litre, Gastro vacuum container is suitable for storing small or sliced foodstuffs, which you can prepare in advance and make your work process easier without sacrificing the food’s freshness, aroma, or flavour.
- sliced cold meats or cheese slices, sliced vegetables and other pizza ingredients to be ready for increased turnover during lunch break time;
- lemon segments to serve with tea, fish, and fried foods to avoid cutting them concurrently;
- prepared sauces, which you can keep in your refrigerator for several days, until they are on the menu;
- chicken skewers and steaks that you want to marinate fast because meat pores open up in vacuum allowing marinade to penetrate it faster and deeper;
- fresh and dried herbs, which will preserve their aromas better in vacuum.
2 litre Gastro Vacuum container is available in:
- single container without the lid or
- 6-pcs combo set, which includes 6 vacuum containers (volume 2 litres) and 6 gastro vacuum lids.
Advantages of storing in Status Gastro vacuum containers
- All Status vacuum containers are made of top-grade Tritan, which doesn’t adopt the smells and colour of food. This means that the same 2-litre Gastro vacuum container can be used to store tomatoes today and garlic sauce tomorrow.
- Gastro containers and lids are transparent, which allows you easier inventory of your stored foods. This also means less unnecessary opening of containers and thereby less risk of your food spoiling.
- Our professional containers feature a litre- and quart-measuring scale that makes it easier for professional chefs to have an overview of their supplies or mix marinades, sauces etc. following the recipe.
- The corners of the containers are rounded, which makes it easier to pour from them without spilling.
- You can use the containers in the refrigerator, freezer, and microwave and wash them in a dishwasher.
- Foodstuffs stored in vacuum are also safe from pantry moths, ants, and flies.
- Our professional vacuum containers are designed to make the best possible use of space in professional kitchens – you can stack containers of all volumes on top of each other to make smart use of your pantry and kitchen worktop space. Store empty containers inside one another.
- One lid size fits containers of all volumes, so you won’t have to look for an appropriate lid for individual container volumes.
Vacuum containers for catering
Do you offer catering services and are constantly worried about how you’ll get your food to your destination? It is impossible for vacuum packed containers to come open accidentally, so you don’t have to worry about spillage during transport.
Gastro containers and lids are made of Eastman TritanTM, a BPA-free material. Gaskets and valves on the lids are silicone. All materials are durable and suitable for everyday use in professional kitchens. Tritan and silicone are food-and health– safe.