Are you a manual vacuum pump user but often wonder if you’ve extracted enough air from the vacuum container? If you vacuum pack foodstuffs daily in vacuum containers, jugs, or with universal vacuum lids, we recommend our electric vacuum pump. It extracts the air and creates the appropriate evacuated pressure level at a single press of a button.
The BVP130 Electric Vacuum Pump
The BVP130 Electric Vacuum Pump is part of the second series of Status electric pumps. It is a smaller version, which takes up much less space and is also suitable for use at picnics and on the go.
Why use an electric instead of a manual pump or a vacuum packing machine?
We recommend the BVP130 Electric Vacuum Pump for people who vacuum pack foods in Status vacuum containers and other vacuum accessories several times a day. It will make a particular difference to older people and those with limited arm strength. It will also alleviate your worries so you won’t have to always wonder if you’ve extracted enough air with your vacuum pumps.
How does it work?
The electric vacuum pump BVP130 is completely easy to use. Simply fit the pump around the valve of the vacuum container, stopper, or universal lid and activate it by pressing the “On/Off” button. The pump will start extracting air, which will be signaled by the indicator light alternating between flashing red and green. Once it achieves the pre-set vacuum pressure level, it stops. Your foodstuffs are safely stored with a single press of a button.
Advantages of vacuum
Vacuum packing is the only natural way to extend your food’s freshness and shelf-life. By preventing oxidation, you slow down the development of mold and bacteria, which prolongs the food’s shelf life fourfold. What this means for you is that you’ll throw out less food and save money.
Vacuum packing will also protect your refrigerator from unpleasant smells. The odor does not spread outside the vacuum-sealed receptacles.
The variety of uses of the BVP130 Electric Pump with Status vacuum accessories
Our electric vacuum pump is suitable for use with all Status vacuum accessories.
- Vacuum containers of all shapes and sizes will be vacuumed to the pre-set pressure quickly. Fruits, vegetables, and other foodstuffs will be protected from oxidation to stay fresh longer.
- The vacuum jug should be vacuum-packed again after pouring each glass, to preserve vitamins, minerals, and enzymes in your freshly squeezed juices.
- Using our universal lids, you can vacuum store foods right in their original packaging (pickles, processed baby food, pot beef stew). With the BVP130 the contents of your refrigerator will be vacuum packed in no time.
- Vacuum stoppers preserve the taste of wine and other bottled beverages for a few days or weeks. Using the BVP130 Electric Pump makes it less likely that anything would topple over or spill. After the vacuuming process is complete, remove the pump from the stopper by pulling it to the side.
Due to its powerful suction, the BVP130 Electric Pump stays latched onto the valve of the vacuum container, lid, or vacuum stopper. You can remove it by either gently pulling it to the side or waiting a few seconds (20 or depending on the accessory) for the vacuum on the pump valve to release.
The electric pump can be recharged in more than one way. The set includes a cable with a micro USB or USB 2.0 connector which can plug into your desktop or laptop computer. The speed of recharging depends on the purpose of the USB slot. If its only purpose is data transfer, the recharging will take longer than with a slot designated for charging. The machine usually needs from two to four hours to recharge. You can also charge the BVP130 Electric Pump using an adapter, which is not included in the set, or a portable battery (5V at 800 mA).
The BVP130 Electric Pump’s main advantage is its size:
- height: 11.2 centimeters
- length and width: 5.5 centimeters
It weighs no more than 0.2 kilograms. You won’t even notice if you take it with you on holiday or to a picnic.
An electric vacuum pump is easy to maintain. Since it does not come into contact with food it doesn’t require particular cleaning. If it gets dirty, simply wipe it down with a soft damp cloth. Don’t use aggressive sponges so you won’t damage the gasket. Don’t expose the BVP130 Electric Pump to water or heat sources. Keep it in a dry place.
The pump is made of PC ABS plastic, the seal is silicone.