Status Mason Jar Sealer is a utensil for creating vacuum in mason jars. It can be used in two ways: for pickling and for recreating vacuum in mason jars for less food waste in your household.
A utensil for easier pickling
Mason Jar Sealer is intended for use on classical mason jars with an opening of 82 mm in diameter. Use it for easier sealing when pickling. Screw or place the lid on the jar. Place the jar sealer over the lid and make sure the gaskets of the sealer are touching the rim of the jar. Place the vacuum pump around the valve of the jar sealer and pump the air out until you feel slight resistance. You have created vacuum, which prolongs the food’s shelf-life.
Vacuum packing partially used foodstuffs
Mason Jar Sealer can also be used to recreate vacuum in pickling jars. Use a vacuum pump to remove the air and slow down the process of food deterioration (pickles, olives, jams, etc.). As an alternative, you can also use Universal Vacuum Lid 3 or Status Kliki Universal Vacuum Pins.
A Status vacuum pump is mandatory to create vacuum
Status Mason Jar Sealer uses vacuum to seal the jars. There is no need to apply any pressure or other force. Only a vacuum pump is needed. Use a manual or electric Status vacuum pump. If you own a vacuum sealer, you can use the special attachment and the Container function.
Why use vacuum to store food?
Vacuum packing is the process of removing air from packaging. This results in reduced oxidation. Food’s shelf-life and freshness are prolonged by as far as 4-times. This means you will slow down the food deterioration in your household and reduce food waste. Yearly, you can save a couple of hundred € – read more about saving with vacuum packing in the article Vacuum packing is cheaper than spoilt food.
You can also vacuum pack food in:
- food vacuum bags,
- food vacuum containers and
- round plastic or ceramic dishes closed with universal vacuum lids.
How to use the Status Mason Jar Sealer?
The sealer is easy to use. It is intended for mason jars with 82 mm opening, while the volume is not relevant.
- Close the mason jar with an appropriate lid. If using screw tops, screw the lid without using much force.
- Place the mason jar sealer over the lid. The gaskets of the sealer must cover the entire rim of the jar.
- Place the vacuum pump around the valve of the sealer and pump the air until you feel slight resistance. The electric pump will stop automatically when optimal vacuum pressure is reached.
- Leave the sealer on the jar for a couple of minutes until the pressures equalize.
- Remove the pump and then the jar sealer.
- Check the lid. It should be slightly bent inwards.
- You can repeat the procedure multiple times.
Made in the EU
Status Mason Jar Sealer is developed and produced in Slovenia, EU.
The sealer is made of durable ABS plastic. The gasket and the valve are silicone. All materials are BPA-free.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Status jar sealer does not come in contact with food therefore no special cleaning is necessary. If needed, clean the sealer with a soft, damp cloth.